Categories

Day#6: I'm pleased to meet you in the mountain


Preface for further project implementations:
While the previous texts were always written on the same day - right after the performance, I have now decided to write the following texts after the end of the project. Last night I noticed that during the recent performances, I could not climb out of the theoretical ideas, so that the power of the performative act itself could not develop. Therefore, the next articles will be written in the past.

At the 6th day of the project I invented a fictitious trade as a communication bridge. Plates, made from real honey combs were filled with enamel paint and comb to comb, with an almost similar color as the original material painted. While I was sitting on a bench in the city center and carried my fictitious trades, I came into contact with many people. Curious and open they wanted to know what I am doing there. Even when they realized that I do not speak Finnish, they simply asked in English and asked another passer if he could ask me in English. The fictitious trades helped me so, to communicate directly without fear on the part of passers-by.



Photos: Pia Euro & Ilka Theurich