Categories

Day#7: I'm pleased to meet you in the mountain

An action for real life and virtual life – one public space in two different sites:


Photo: Porin Kauppatori (live webcam)

Between 7am and 7pm I have been standing and wainting, with a bunch of small objects in the arm, on a monument in the center of the market square. The performance was also to be seen on the public city webcamera.

Photo: Anna Bergman

Early in the morning I noticed, that in this place you will be perceived always as a seller of goods, as long as you are standing. To avoid this, I decided to sit at the granite bank of the monument. Throughout the day I saw people pass by me very often. After they passed by once or twice, they began to observe me more closely. Not until the evening they dared to address me directly. A young woman, for example, which informed me (in whispers), that they added the Pori webcam to her facebook page and invited all her friends to take a look on this woman. She did not know what I was doing exactly, but she thought that this might be a performance.

Photo: Ilka Theurich